In order to lose belly fat we all know that we are looking for an overall fat burning workout before we can lose any belly fat. Let it be known that you cannot spot tone and burn fat in a specific area, and the belly is no exception. However some exercises are better for the tummy than others. Here are some of the best exercises to lose belly fat.
One of the most results-oriented physical fitness routines today is the bicycle crunch exercise. This exercise technique enables you to tone your abdominal muscles as well as help you achieve a well-sculpted abdominal muscle tone. Bicycle crunch is not exactly a new exercise method. In fact, a lot of fitness enthusiasts have been doing this exercise routine for many years now. And due to its effectiveness in helping people achieve a more beautiful physique, this exercise method must definitely be included in your physical fitness routine.
Bicycle Crunch Exercise 101
The exercise simply requires performing basic crunches using your upper body while moving your legs as if you are pedaling a bicycle. You will then pull your shoulders off the ground to do the crunch. As you do this, you must move your elbow forward your opposing knee. Do this alternately with every rep.
Muscular Benefits of the Bicycle Crunch
The specific muscle that is targeted by this particular exercise routine is the muscle group rectus abdominus. As experts note, this specific exercise routine is the number one physical fitness routine that works effectively in developing the above-mentioned muscle group. The exercise targets the obliques. Obliques are actually abdominal muscles running along the sides of the stomach. By working out this area, the muscle around the abdominal region will appear tighter with an even tone.
Basics of Performing the Bicycle Crunch
The bicycle crunch is one of the best and most simple abdominal muscle exercise routine so far. In fact, anyone can do it. And as you get used to it, you can gradually increase the number of reps. The exercise routine also becomes more challenging as you develop your resistance more. Here is how you do it.
- Lie flat on your back and bend your knees.
- After bending your knees in a 90-degree angle, lift your shoulders off the ground.
- After this, crunch your lower and upper body together. Make sure that you push your right elbow toward the left knee.
- Repeat the step. Only this time do it alternately.
- Every time you do the crunch, you need to pause for one second before going back to the staring position.
- Repeat the steps for twenty reps.
What You Need to Remember While Doing Bicycle Crunch Exercise
- Perform this exercise with sufficient control. Avoid using momentum lest you want to decrease the resistance that your muscles need to experience.
- Putting your hands on the side of your head is a very good way of providing light support. However, pulling your neck or your head will cause neck muscle strain so you must avoid doing this.
- Dont forget proper breathing patterns while performing the crunch.
- Never let your shoulders touch the ground. This will diminish the effect of your exercise.
- To achieve maximum results, make sure that you allot a day to make your muscles relax.
As you can see, performing the bicycle crunch exercise is very easy. But despite its simplicity, it surely does a lot in toning your abdominal muscles effectively.
The Diagonal Crunch
The diagonal crunch is more advanced than a regular ab crunch. You will need an exercise ball for this belly exercise.